BOOM!!! (OOOH! AAHHH!)
Fireworks in Elk River
Saturday, July 4
Fireworks, beginning at dusk, will be shot off from Elk River High School. Lion John Weicht Park at 1104 Lions Park Drive is a popular viewing spot. There will be fireworks only this year. There will not be an event at Lions Park.
Story credit: Star News
Photography enthusiasts of all ages and skill levels are invited to submit your favorite photos of living, working and playing in the Elk River area. We are looking for images that are iconically Elk River. Prizes will be awarded to the top winners.
· All photos must have been taken in the Elk River area within the past three years and not previously submitted to ERACC photo contests.
· Limit of up to five photographs per artist
· All images must be original and the sole property of the artist. Artist must have any appropriate releases for people or property. Images must not contain inappropriate subject matter and must be photographic format (digital and film camera images accepted.)
· Submit each image electronically to ERACCphotocontest@gmail.com AND submit a 4x6 print of each image to the Chamber office. Include subject/title, location and date picture was taken for each image along with contact info. Incomplete submissions may not be considered.
· Finalists will be displayed in an exhibit at the Elk River Arts Alliance Gallery Aug12-Sept 12, 2015. Any artwork not picked up by Oct. 2, 2015 becomes the property of ERACC.
· Entry deadline: Noon on Monday, June 29, 2015
· Contest will be juried by a panel of experts. Finalists will be notified by July 20, 2015
· Finalists will deliver a framed, wired and ready to hang piece (max size 16x20 inches) Friday, August 7 or Saturday August 8 (noon-4 pm) to the Arts Alliance
· All finalists may be displayed on the Chamber website and marketing materials (including photo credit)
For more details, please call Karen at the chamber office at 763-441-3110.
Click to print details